Monday, March 9, 2020

God Loves Justice Week 2


Thank you for coming back to week two of our discussion of God Loves Justice! I'm glad you are reading with me and that we are discovering more and more about what God loves. Watch the video below and please comment if you can!






Reflections and comments: 


Think about and share an example, story or someone you know that displays our new understanding of Justice, Righteousness and Mercy.


What stands out for you in Chapters 3-6?


Do you have any questions about what we have read?

Next week we read Chapters 7-9

2 comments:

  1. When I think of a story of justice I think of Solomon and the two women with the one baby. He knew that real love did not wish harm on the person they loved, so the real mother would not want to kill the baby. But I have always thought that he understood the other woman had to be out of her mind with grief over losing her child and might just react in hysteria. It was a bit of a gamble but it worked. I felt like he wanted the grieving mother to observe selfless love. She did and she was crazy when she said cut the child in half. Solomon was able to apply compassion with tough love and bring both women to the edge of their own understanding. It is a sad type of justice because they were both going through such crazy emotions, but justice is sometimes a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stands out most for me in these chapters is that the heart of righteousness is relationship. Also, that in community, relationships are dependent on qualities that cannot be legislated, such as kindness and royalty.
    ew

    ReplyDelete

A List of Racial Justice Readings

 In Sunday's sermon I mentioned that reading is a great way to learn about our role in racial justice.  I said I could give you a list. ...