In Sunday's sermon I mentioned that reading is a great way to learn about our role in racial justice. I said I could give you a list. Well, here it is.
Books I have read about racial justice with the church in mind.
1. Trouble I've Seen - By Drew G.I. Hart
2. Deep Denial - By David Billings
3. God Loves Justice - By Jessica Nicholas
4. The Color of Compromise - By Jemar Tisby
5. Rediscipling the White Church - By David W. Swanson
6. Witnessing Whiteness - By Kristopher Norris
7. How To Fight Racism - By Jemar Tisby
8. Jesus and the Disinherited - By Howard Thurman
Books I have read about racial justice without the church in mind.
1. Between The World and Me - By Ta-Nehisi Coates
2. The Sum of Us - By Heather McGhee
3. Just Mercy - By Bryan Stevenson
4. Slavery By Another Name - By Douglas A. Blackmon
5. How To Be An Antiracist - By Ibram X. Kendi
Books I have yet to read but have heard great things about.
I'm Still Here - By Austin Channing Brown
White Fragility - By Robin DiAngelo
Reading While Black - By Esau McCaulley
Who Will Be A Witness - By Drew G.I. Hart